7dayshop

Edbanger 12:10 02 Aug 2008

Do anyone know if this firm sell cameras sourced in Europe or sell American imports?
If they sell cameras from the USA will they not have a valid warranty?

Ed.

T0SH 14:03 02 Aug 2008

I bought a Fuji camera from the 7 day shop for my wife last christmas it came with a Limited one year USA warranty, when the Fuji memory card I bought for with the camera failed about a month later and was replaced by the 7 day shop without any problem as I suspect the camera would be also if it failed within the guarantee period

Cheers HC

bjh 14:18 02 Aug 2008

7Dayshop have an excellent reputation for reliability and honesty. They themselves were caught out when one of their software bargains turned out to (I think) come from a dubious source. Full refunds were made to all. I have had to send a couple of things back over the years (35mm film that was out of date/computer memory stick that was dud/card reader that was unreliable) and each time their amateur-looking returns system worked just fine.

They also respond well to technical queries.... so just phone/email them and ask!

Edbanger 18:37 02 Aug 2008

Thanks for the replies.

I notice you have sent things back, but they are not cameras.
I cannot find anything on their website about honouring a USA warranty on a camera.

I have noticed, on another thread on here, the problems that people have had with cameras bought from America. Maybe that does not apply to the Channel Islands, but it does make you think twice about buying a camera without a UK warranty.

Ed.

Stuartli 12:35 03 Aug 2008

As bjh rightly points out - and I know from personal experience over several years - 7DayShop is a first class outlet.

Edbanger 15:19 03 Aug 2008

I don't doubt they are first class, but I can't help but think I might have problems having an American warranty honoured if anything should go wrong within the first 12 months.
The only thing I can do is to try and contact 7dayshop and find out how I stand with a camera sourced in America.
Can anyone recommend any other on line stores that sell cameras with a British or European warranty?

Ed

Stuartli 16:43 03 Aug 2008

7DayShop would be your first port of call as the retailer.

I'm somewhat puzzled as to your worries about warranties as the Channel Islands are part of the UK.

In addition, 7DayShop regularly offers Canon models which are eligible for Canon UK's cash back offers.

dms_05 17:05 03 Aug 2008

7DayShop are an excellent company. If you have a problem during the warranty period you should contact them first about any item you bought, not just a camera. Compare this to many retailers who simply direct you to the manufacturer rather than fulfill their legal obligations.

marjted 21:34 03 Aug 2008

In response to your request for reliable on-line retailers, click here would be my recommendation. They are based in Clitheroe, Lancashire and I have visited the shop to browse on occasions when visiting friends in the area. Although resident in Northumberland have happily purchased cameras on at least a couple occasions from them on line. Of particular interest to you may be how promptly and efficiently they arranged for a fault with a Panasonic FX50 to be repaired. A top rate photographer's shop with competitive prices. Well worth your consideration.

User2008 21:38 03 Aug 2008

What Camera are you looking for?

I'll make a wager that you can buy the UK equivalent for a similar price at a different retailer.

Edbanger 09:32 04 Aug 2008

I have been looking for a Lumix TZ5, but I don't know which retailers sell UK sourced cameras.
Perhaps someone who has had any dealings with a retailer who sells UK cameras could post a link?

Ed

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?