3D television

mole44 12:44 27 Jul 2010

I`ve just seen a demo of 3D television in comet`s i was blown away by how good it was,i`m not usually impressed this was something else.I can take or leave HD but as i say this was impressive.Mind you the cost of the set and glasses was way above my budget,still we can dream can`t we.right now to share my bowl of gruel with my other half.

iqs 17:51 27 Jul 2010

I'm not a fan of 3D,I will admit that avatar was impressive.

I dont think I will invest in a 3D TV and glasses and more importantly a Blu Ray player that supports 3D.

If 3D is the way forward then fine,but I hope that we still have the option to choose either to view a film or TV program in 2D or 3D.

Arnie 18:05 27 Jul 2010

Today my grandson and I visited our local PC World and saw a large screen Samsung 3D receiver displaying a 3D picture. It was seen as a dual offset picture.

A salesmen asked us if we were interested. I said we would certainly like to see a demonstration, to which he replied, "hold on I'll bring a couple of pairs of glasses".

Like you mole44, we were absolutely stunned by the quality and realism of the picture.
One of the shots was of a mini waterfall, it looked amazing, far better than the effort I saw in the fifties with a pair of cardboard and plastic glasses.

All you oldies will no doubt remember the chap with the ping-pong ball in a demo before the 'A' film.
I think the main film was called The House of Wax.

morddwyd 09:08 28 Jul 2010

I still think I'll wait until full holographic reproduction is available (probably hot in my lifetime!) as per Star Trek and other sci fi.

That way I can walk over to the sideboard and get a drink, from behind the receiver, and still see what's going on.

tigertop2 11:31 28 Jul 2010

I have 3D on a PC I fairly recently built. It is amazing! There are still a few software problems around particularly with regard to Cyberlink products but for playing games like Flight Sim it is stunning. No problem with the glasses albeit they are expensive

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?