3 year old belkin adsl router waranty * thanks*

AI33 11:42 29 Sep 2007

My adsl router would not fire up this morning. No lights anywere. I rang belkin tech service on a 0845 number and we went through a quick diagnosis. The upshot is the router has gone. I was asked when I bought it and said about three years ago.

I was informed that belkin will ship a new model, free of charge to me.

Great stuff belkin.

Dipso 17:45 29 Sep 2007

I believe Belkin networking products come with a lifetime warranty and it's good to see they actually honour it.

Totally-braindead 17:53 29 Sep 2007

Agree with Dipso, Belkin parts do tend to come at a premium but are meant to have lifetime warranty and free support. Its good to know they do what they say.

Spark6 20:08 29 Sep 2007

I echo the previous comments as I have had a replacement router power supply and a replacement laptop bag from Belkin. The original bag had to be returned to Belkin for identification and they supplied a downloaded freepost label. Can't ask for better than that!

Forum Editor 00:22 30 Sep 2007

about a company which provides this level of customer service. As a little aside, Belkin provides the same excellent and efficient service through its press office - I only have to ask for information or help and it's forthcoming.

ForestChav 12:36 30 Sep 2007

Their support is excellent, it's a shame their recent lines aren't up to the same standards and that of other manufacturers (eg Linksys).

amonra 13:04 30 Sep 2007

We are always ready slate bad customer support, so keep this thread on top to give Belkin max publicity. Well Done Belkin !

Star_Buyer 23:55 02 Oct 2007

I have had experience with Belikin and they are the BEST in the industry.

I purchased a Belkin router which failed after 18 months. I asked the retailer and they adviced me to call Belkin. When i called Belkin, they made no bones about it. After a few tech questions, i had a brand new router shipped to me. It was with me within 4 days after my initial contact. What more can you say? Nothing, Belking provides excellent service.

AI33 18:38 06 Oct 2007

Just to let you know of a successful update. The new machine turned up today, via courier.

All connect up and the network is flying again.

Great work belkin.:))

Will tick as resolved

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?