256k ISDN..........realy?????

Blokka 11:44 08 Dec 2003

Whilst looking for an alternative ISDN supplier i came across one selling 256k ISDN, now to my knowlegde this does'nt exist although i may be wrong?? has anyone else seen this? i was under the impression that they only did adsl above 128k anyway here is the link and you'll see what i mean click here

jaydeeace 12:43 08 Dec 2003

I don't really know a hell of a lot about ISDN, as I've only ever been a home user with a 'modest' budget. However, I seem to recall something called dual-channel ISDN. That might explain the doubled bandwidth figure, or it could just be me making things up. Who knows?
On a serious point, is there no broadband supplier in your area, or is it an objective decision to use ISDN? Just curious.

M7MAK 13:50 08 Dec 2003

ISDN Can Be Dual Channel But YOU end up paying for two calls a bit of a rip off just to get 256k

Allan-263226 13:56 08 Dec 2003

You are totally correct, you can have this but your phone bill gets doubled, a complete rip off.

Blokka 14:18 08 Dec 2003

Unfortunatly BB is not currently in my area although we have had a trigger level set but i cannot see this being hit at least for a good few months if not at all however thats why i went with ISDN and have had it now since august this year and have been pretty happy with it as an alternative to 56k.
So i guess then that there is a 256k ISDN connection, i currently use 64k or 128k and had never heard of the 256 connection

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache