21 days for a lost item from play?

dagnammit 11:42 07 Jan 2009

My memory for a PSP hasn't turned up yet and they tell me not to come back until 21 days have expired from the date they posted it.

I think 21 days is scandalous since Royal Mail do not even stipulate this and they're the carriers!

/Rant Over.

spuds 12:42 07 Jan 2009

I think that you might find Royal Mail suggest something like 15 days before a claim against them for non-delivery is made.

If you have a tracking number, then make a check on the Royal Mail website. But personally, I have found the Royal Mail tracking to be very poor.Perhaps that is why they seem to lose thousands of items a day, according to some reports!.

laurie53 19:21 07 Jan 2009

Most companies say allow 28 days for delivery.

SB23 20:26 07 Jan 2009

What you have to remember is that not all that is ordered comes from who you are ordering it from.
Some Dvd's that my wife had ordered were coming direct from the supplier, and thats where the delay can come from. The Dvd's turned up, but it was exactly 14 days later, and with Xmas post as it was, (they do their best), I'm surprised they only took 14 days.

Give them another few days. I would.

Steve

jimmybond 21:22 07 Jan 2009

"Most companies say allow 28 days for delivery."

Well, some do - but this is 28 days from the point at which you place the order - not 28 days from the point at which they post it.

"they tell me not to come back until 21 days have expired from the date they posted it."

SB23 - This would also seem to imply the item is coming from the person he's ordered it from.

spuds 21:23 07 Jan 2009

Regarding the Christmas turn-around and deliveries, Amazon Market Place seller's are to be congratulated. I have been receiving CD's And DVD's within 2 to 4 days from ordering. The same as applied to some eBay purchases.

Even Ebuyer and Ryman offers next day delivery, if ordered by the evening last order time. Both these companies have also delivered as promised, throughout the Christmas period.

interzone55 22:39 07 Jan 2009

A lot of stuff from Play comes from Jersey, so this could be why you need to allow extra time before claiming...

dagnammit 23:07 07 Jan 2009

I should have said...

The card was bought from play themselves and that stuff ordered before and after it have been received by me - from them.

spuds regarding Amazon Market place. I just bought a 15 metre ethernet cable for £3.38 delivered and I recieved it the next day! By first class post.

martytoon 23:29 07 Jan 2009

Whilst the 21 day rule from posting is a bit of a pain the process to report the item missing once the period has elapsed is easy. I think I've had 3 items go missing over the years and Play have simply dispatched a replacement no questions asked.

geriatrix 12:59 08 Jan 2009

Working at John Lewis we generally we action perhaps replacement/refund generally 2-3 working days. Not sure as to why it would take so long.

Sadly little can done as i imagine this is noted within play.com terms and conditions which were accepted when the order was placed.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?