2 month old printer goes wrong????

Blokka 11:23 29 Oct 2003

I purchased an Epson c62 stylus printer from ebuyer on the 2/9/03 and on the 25/10/03 it went wrong basicly preventing the printing head from moving back and forth so it will not print.
Upon looking at ebuyers returns policy for this item they say it must be returned to the manufacturer? now my knowledge of consumer rights is not that great, but i do know that i certainly do not want a printer that is less than 2 months old being repaired, i would want a replacement which epson seem not to do but repair instead, so my argument is can i indeed return this back to ebuyer for a replacement? i mean if you buy a sony tv from lets say comet and it goes wrong you would'nt return it back to sony, you would however take it back to comet, so im a little miffed as to why ebuyer have imposed this rule on certain products and even if this is allowed?
Is there anyone that can give me some advice as to what i can do and where i stand in this matter, your help would be appreciated.

TBH1 11:56 29 Oct 2003

ebuyer are liable for this - - - though I feel you would be better going straight to Epson. I have had no dealings with Epson but haven't heard many complaints about there support. By all means press ebuyer for action, but I feel you will be without a printer for a lot longer than if you did go back to manufacturer.
Just my 2 penneth.

Sir Radfordin 13:24 29 Oct 2003

Just speak to Epson and they will sort you out. You can even do it online from click here (find the english version) They are one of the better companies at sorting problems out.

Yes i know your rights are that ebuyer sort this but sometimes there is an easier way.

Kegsy 13:24 29 Oct 2003

I'm sure that any self respecting retailer would simply replace faulty goods after that short period of time??

Djohn 14:00 29 Oct 2003

The shop where you bought the printer is responsible to exchange/refund, but this could spread into many weeks, if not months. Give Epson a phone call and they will replace the printer for you, usually by the following day.

Epson UK Warranty and repairs/exchanges.

Tel. No. 0870 443 776

Blokka 21:39 29 Oct 2003

thanx everyone ill contact epson and ill let you know how i get on

JIM 23:20 29 Oct 2003

You will be quicker going to Epson but the way i read,

EBUYER (UK) LIMITED

CONSUMER TERMS OF SALE

8. Warranty

8.1 All goods supplied by the Supplier are warranted free from defects for 12 months from the date of supply (unless otherwise stated). This warranty does not affect your statutory rights as a consumer.

8.2 This warranty does not apply to any defect in the goods arising from fair wear and tear, wilful damage, accident, negligence by you or any third party, use otherwise than as recommended by the Supplier, failure to follow the Supplier's instructions, or any alteration or repair carried out without the Supplier's approval.

8.3 If the goods supplied to you are damaged on delivery, you should notify the Supplier in writing via the e-mail address or fax number shown below within 7 days.

8.4 If the goods supplied to you develop a defect while under warranty or you have any other complaint about the goods, you should notify the Supplier in writing via the e-mail address or fax number shown below, as soon as possible, but in any event within 7 days of the date you discovered or ought to have discovered the damage, defect or complaint.

click here==

Ebuyer (UK) Limited
201 Woodbourne Road
Sheffield
S9 3LR

The Spires 01:57 30 Oct 2003

In my dealings with Epson I have been very happy with the speed & quality of replacements. It does seem to go against the grain with us but dealing directly with Epson does work.

GuyR 10:16 31 Oct 2003

This has been raised so many times in the past e.g. dealings with retaialers etc for printers and monitors repairs and faults.

You will find probably that Epson will just send a new printer out and take away the old one, as the cost of a C62 is around 60 pounds retail. There is no sense it repair/labour etc at this level.

Years ago I contacted Epson for a fault (out of warrenty) for a stylus 600, 60 pound inspection fee payable. Solution new printer.

Hunte? 15:48 31 Oct 2003

Epson also operate local Express Centre's who will be able to look at the machine and if it is faulty they will usually be able to replace it on the spot. The replacement won't be a brand new unit but an Epson reconditioned unit.

The address of your local express centre can be found on Epson's UK website

anchor 16:57 31 Oct 2003

When, after about 6 months, one of my Epson printers developed a fault, I contacted Epson direct, (not the shop). They quickly sent an engineer to check it, and give me a replacement on the spot.

Good service from Epson.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

Add Depth Of Field to a photo using Tilt Shift Blur in Photoshop

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleures tablettes 2017