19"/20" TFTs - please help!

hander 18:23 26 Aug 2004

Hi,

I'm in the market for a TFT to sit alongside a CRT. Started looknig at 17", then at 19" and now - I'm thinking 1600*1200 - I'm looking at 20".

What's important to me:
*good text view - must swivel to portrait
*good movies
*sound would be good - but not essential if the screen is right.
*s-vid input would be a plus
*PRICE - Part of the reason I won't buy a Dell immediately is because of US/UK discrepancy. It hurts too much. Ideally I wouldn't like to pay much more than £650. If possible less.

If you have positive 19" experience, then do mention anything. Or if you have any other forum recommendations, please post for me.

With many thanks,

Nick
Thanks in advance.

hander 18:26 26 Aug 2004

ps I don't play games!

GibsonSt19 18:30 26 Aug 2004

However on 2nd September, Aldi have some Medion 19" TFT's coming in for £299.99 which I thought was a pretty good price.

Forum Editor 18:41 26 Aug 2004

an AOC LM9 27U, and can sum it up in two words - absolutely superb. And that's from a dyed-in-the-wool 21" CRT fan.

I started using my AOC a few months back as a result of seeing one in a clients office in America. I fell for it on first sight, and although I use the 21" CRTs for graphics and general image work the AOC has now taken over as my main working monitor - I wouldn't part with it, the image quality is stunning.

hander 18:59 26 Aug 2004

Thanks. Can't find much on the AOC and don't think it has DVI, does it?

Anyone good experience with Dell 2001FP?

accord 19:27 26 Aug 2004

i think the Dell is made by someone else.

Forum Editor 19:30 26 Aug 2004

Sorry about that. The model number isn't marked on the front of the monitor, and I read from a search return. A quick look at my invoice tells me I have an LM 929 and here it is:

click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?