OnePlus 5 review
PDF of the flyer they sent me:-
Not much info. Looks like a Windows XP background, but it could just be a mock-up (I'm thinking it might use Linux).
Looks a bit like this one maybe another version ?
I see what you mean, TOSH. The UBISurfer CE Netbook with 1 Year Free Internet Access, right? It does look like this is it.
* A perfect travel companion be truly mobile with one year of free web access included (30 hours usage per month) utilising embedded SIM
* Also includes WiFi for unlimited internet within hot-spot range
* Ideal for web surfing, sending emails, word processing and spreadsheets
* DataWind has teamed up with Vodafone to deliver fast mobile internet access on GPRS at 5 to 7 seconds per page, anywhere there is Vodafone network coverage
* 30 hours/month in the UK for 1st year on DataWind Browser across Wide Area Network is included in the cost of the device
* Unlimited usage is only 5.99 after 30 hours each month and the annual fee is only 29.99 for a full year of 30 hours/month after the first year
* 7-inch TFT widescreen screen and stylish black casing
* 800 x 480 pixels (WVGA)
* Samsumg Arm9 -400Mhz processor
* 128MB memory
* 1GB SSD (solid state disk) shock proof storage
* Online storage of 50GB
* GPRS 900Mhz, 1800 Mhz with Embedded SIM (5 to 7 seconds per page)
* Benefits from Quad Band GPRS 850/900/1800/1900
* Wireless LAN WiFi IEEE 802.11
* Easy to use Windows CE 6.0 operating system
* DataWind GPRS Web Browser, Wi-Fi browser
* Datawind GPRS web browser has full graphic functionality with the ability to load web pages within 7 seconds
* Comprehensive applications suite with Word processor, Spreadsheet and Presentation software
* Touch Pad Mouse with Dual Buttons
* Expand the storage with USB or SD Flash Memory
* SD / SDHC Card reader
* 10 BaseT Ethernet port
* 2 x USB 2.0 ports
* Stereo speakers
* Stereo sound earphone jack
* Lithium Polymer or external DC adaptor
* Approximate working time: 4 hours
* Weight: 700 g
* Dimensions: 222(l) x 165(w) x 29.5(h) mm
* 12 month warranty
* Not for use in the Repulic of Ireland
Netbooks have increased in popularity in recent months due to their portability and functionality: combining the qualities of a palmtop and laptop.
This netbook also comes with Vodafone allowing you to surf the web anywhere with Vodafone coverage. The module and usage is built in, so you can be on the Internet right out of the box, without any special set-up or configuration.
A year of mobile internet access at 30 hours per month is included in the cost on the Datawind browser. Also includes WiFi for unlimited surfing within Hotspot range. It also has much of the functionality you would want from a laptop – a great product for those who surf and work on the move.
So much for the 'Half Price' offer.
The one from Boyes looks like it may have Windows CE installed and made to look like XP. If this is the case avoid it like the plague. These devices are too weak to display modern webpages and because they're not running a standard version of Windows you are unable to install or update any sofware on the device.
Your current mobile phone is probably more powerful.
You're right, it's Windows CE. It isn't worth the money imo. 128MB of RAM...............
This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.