XP Media Centre Edition on Customised Machine??

underworldmagic 20:33 23 Jan 2004

Hello everyone,

I am wanting to get a customised computer made and i would like the new Windows XP Media Centre Edition on it, as well as the remote control and everything.

I have not seen the software, remote control, infra red reciever for the computer, and the computer card for this anywhere. i have seen a similar package which would be the ATI All-In-Winder 9800 Pro but i was curious where i would be able to get the XP MCE package from microsoft which is on many of the new computers.

Yours Truly,
Vijay

Big Elf 20:53 23 Jan 2004

I may be wrong on this but I think I've read that it's only available on new PCs from certain retailers and not as an upgrade or install CD.

powerless 20:54 23 Jan 2004

As far as i know its only on selected puters.

I could be wrong...

byfordr 21:20 23 Jan 2004

I suspect the only way it would be available is through dubious means. I think the idea was that microshaft released it to manufacturers that put together systems with components that were specifically tested for the software. As far as I recall theres not a massive amount of difference in functionality that you couldn't recreate yourself by finding decent programs for the different media functions ie film play back, music playing etc

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

30 UK artists have created vibrant posters celebrating Pride London

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?