Will you buy an iPad 2?

PC Advisor 16:30 04 Mar 2011

They're not available quite yet, but do you think you'll buy an iPad 2? Have your say in our new poll.

Here's a direct link to the poll:

click here

MarkHattersley 16:38 04 Mar 2011

Bought an iPad 1 and getting an iPad 2 on import from America on 11th. Bring it on.

Quickbeam 16:41 04 Mar 2011

Nah, I've still got some old foolscap jotter pads that need using up first.

Forum Editor 16:47 04 Mar 2011

when the new version launches. We'll see.

ams4127 17:18 04 Mar 2011

No. I've got an ipad and can't see any great benefit from changing it for the new one.

Teaboy 17:38 04 Mar 2011

NO

john bunyan 17:51 04 Mar 2011

If it had windows 7 , but if not, will wait and see.

Algerian peter 18:07 04 Mar 2011

No because I have the i-pad 1.

Why can you not have that in the poll

eg
No. as I have the original one?

Al94 18:48 04 Mar 2011

I may well give it a go as well.

Forum Editor 19:05 04 Mar 2011

the company has sold over 14 million iPads since launch. That's a serious number for a device that most people say they didn't need, 'and anyway it's too expensive'.

The Apple magic is that the company continues to offer us objects of desire, and we grab them off the shelves because....well, simply because they're there, and they look lovely, and everyone's getting one, and the ads are great, and a dozen other reasons, most of which have nothing much to do with whether the things actually move us forward in computing terms.

I want an iPad, but to be honest I'm not really sure why - I can already do the things it does with the other devices I own. I want one because one of my clients turned up to a meeting with one, and it looked really cool. I want one because one of my wife's work colleagues takes his to the clinic, and she says 'it's lovely, it can do all these things', but when I ask her what things, she can't tell me.

One day fairly soon I'll find myself outside an Apple store, quite by chance, and my credit card will vibrate gently in my wallet. "Go on" it will seem to say "It won't take us long, and think what fun you'll have playing with your iPad instead of working".

I feel guilty already.

Quickbeam 19:09 04 Mar 2011

Well if we only live the once:)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Best of the Grad Shows 2017: University of the West of England (UWE)

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Les meilleures GoPro 2017