What was your first ever Mac

Macworld 14:22 19 Nov 2014

How long have you been using Macs? Which Mac did you own first? Do you still have it? What Mac do you own now? If you don’t own a Mac now, but did in the past, what changed? If you have never owned a Mac, why not?

simonjary 16:50 24 Nov 2014

I still have my first work Mac here in my office – a Mac SE/30.

But the first Mac I bought with my hard earned was a Mac LC with 2MB of RAm and a gigantic 40MB hard disk. It even had a 12-inch colour screen. I think it cost about £1,100.

Chris2210 17:33 24 Nov 2014

My first Mac [at work] was a MacPlus. 9" mono [yes, it wasn't even greyscale] 1Mb of RAM and a whopping [separate] 20Mb hard drive. I think the combo cost a bit over 2 grand - more than the 27" iMac or any of the tower Macs I ran subsequently [although I did once have a big [I think 21", but boy was that big] Radius monitor and graphics card that cost a fair bit more than the G3 tower that ran it.

I think the first home Mac I bought wasn't an Apple at all, but the mid-range Power Computer clone. Pig-ugly, but more powerful and cheaper than the Apple equivalent. Strange days those were.

Forum Editor 18:18 24 Nov 2014

My first Mac was a Performa 400, bought in America just before Christmas 1992. 4Mb RAM, 80Mb hard drive - I can still remember thinking that I had arrived at the cutting edge of computer technology.

I haven't got that machine now - I have to make do with a Macbook Pro.

simonjary 06:38 25 Nov 2014

Chris2210,

I also owned a Power Computing Mac clone – and yes it was one of my favourites!

Pine Man 10:18 25 Nov 2014

My first Mac was an iMac bought 4 months ago!

I am still running a Windows 7 pc, which is used by my wife, but I must say that the difference is significant and I am really sold on the iMac.

I have been with PC Advisor for over 12 years now and it's really good to see Apple being catered for within the same forum.

Keep up the good work!

Sapins 19:45 07 Dec 2014

Bought first Mac in June 2012 and after a protracted battle with Apple, don't ask, they finally gave me a replacement in October 2013.

It's only this forum that has persuaded me to keep it, up to now! I'm trying hard to get to grips with it, spinning ball mainly, I wonder, could I use it for a basketball game?

I'll persevere as I can't afford the loss if I sell it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

See the work of famous artists playing with toys

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment faire une capture d’écran sur un Mac ?