Website not accessible by Apple Macs

Tatiana 14:34 15 Jan 2006

I have been running a website now for a couple of years, and for the last 18 monyhs I've been using Pageplus 8 to produce and publish it. I have recently been informed that people using Apple Macs cannot view the site. the address is: -

http:/click here

Anyone got any suggestions - I know nothing about Macs or the browsers they use.

powerless 15:09 15 Jan 2006

click here

Seems fine here.

Ask what version of Safari [Macs default web browser] they're using...

Taran 22:30 15 Jan 2006

There could be several underlying reasons, but having looked at the page code I suspect one or two possibilities.

Pageplus 8 is a desktop publishing program that is (allegedly) capable of producing websites. It does this poorly, although it is pretty good at DTP.

It would be worth noting the browser version, as Powerless mentioned, but I'd also like to know whether this is confined to the Safari browser or whether it falls flat on other browsers on the Mac.

The page rendered fine on my Macs, but I only run the latest browsers on them, hence my question.

Forum Editor 00:50 16 Jan 2006

but I think that Apple might release a Windows version of Safari, now that they're using Intel processors. I could be wrong, but it seems to me to be an obvious move.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?