Vintage Apple computer sold for

Ex plorer 09:27 30 May 2013
Answered

Have any of you got an old Vintage Apple PC in you garage.

One of Apple's first computers, a functioning 1976 model, has been sold for a record 516,000 euros (£441,000).

I have a couple of early lug-gables in working order or they did work last time I looked at them but not Apple.

Also have a oldish 386 still in its carton with all disks books etc its unused but faulty. It blows fuses when switched on, in the PC, I will have to dig it out. Forgot about till now.

Quickbeam 10:53 30 May 2013
Answer

I view all that sort of stuff as obsolete, worthless and completely disposable.

Now if I were to find a pre-war Norton International to racing spec in a barn... everyone to their own!

Terry Brown 12:26 30 May 2013

When you look at some of the old (they call them Antiques) stuff they sell today and the prices people will pay for them, I can only conclude that some people have more money than sense, unless you want them for either Resale (to another mug) or sentimental value.

Terry

Quickbeam 12:43 30 May 2013
  bumpkin 14:40 30 May 2013

Quickbeam, time to hide in the toilet if it's your round next:-)

kad292 16:40 30 May 2013

Quickbeam, I am salivating (metaphorically speaking)at the thought, though a Brough Superior or an Vincent HRD,if no one wants, sends vibrations through my thighs.

There are times when i question the "classic" status accorded to various items,automotive or otherwise,legacy may be an appropiate standard but are they really worth that much.

caccy 17:24 30 May 2013

My best clothes must be worth a fortune!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?