Upgrade to Yosemite or stay on Mavericks?

djc45 12:40 16 Jul 2015

Hi, I have a mid 2014 Retina Macbook Pro i7 256, with 16gb ram , and am wondering whether I should upgrade to Yosemite, or stay with Mavericks. I have resisted upgrading thus far, as there seemed to be some early issues, and the Bible software package that I use had some pretty big issues with Yosemite, however these seem to have been ironed out now, so I could now upgrade. Other software I use a lot is Final Cut Pro X 10.1.4, Logic Pro X and MS Office.

I got an iPhone 6 plus in the last few weeks, which has got me thinking again about perhaps upgrading. Perhaps someone who has done the upgrade could let me know what the pros and cons have been in moving to Yosemite, to help me decide whether to upgrade or not. I have just this morning had to do a wipe and restore of my macbook because of another issues, and I'm thinking if I'm going to upgrade, now would be the time to do it, before I install all my programs and setting again.

I appreciate any advice that anyone can give, to help me in my decision whether to upgrade to Yosemite or perhaps even wait for El Capitan Thanks Duncan

Pine Man 18:59 16 Jul 2015

I upgraded from Mavericks to Yosemite the day it was released and have seen no evidence of any early issues that some users reported.

I use MS Office and photographic software amongst other stuff and my computer is in use about 12 hours a day.

Never missed a beat or had any problems whatsoever.

Do it!

Macworld 10:26 20 Jul 2015

There were some early issues with WiFi but those have been ironed out now. I'd say go for it and update. There are plenty of ways that Yosemite will benefit you now you have the iPhone 6 Plus. And all the software you mention will work fine with Yosemite.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?