Transfer Files/Folders From PC To iMac Please Help

Shikaree 18:20 04 Jan 2010

Hi Folks,

I have a new iMac 24. Can anyone please let me know what is the easiest & best way to transfer files from my old PC to my iMac.

I have been on to some Forums but all I read was so less informative on how it can be done. Some have also warned about being very careful about using certain methods, like using an Ethernet lead.

I'm sure there must be few on our forum - PCA - who may have transferred files from PC to Mac - Please can you Help me.

Thanks

Shikaree

howard64 18:49 04 Jan 2010

if you have a usb stick you could copy the files/folders to the usb then place it in the mac and copy them across. You will of course need a prog on the mac that can read the files.

MAT ALAN 18:51 04 Jan 2010

Direct ethernet connection

If you have both computers in the same location, you may be able to use an Ethernet cable to connect both computers together and copy files between them. You may need an Ethernet crossover cable depending on which model Macintosh you own. See below the related document "Macintosh: Computers That Require an Ethernet Crossover Cable" to see if you will need an Ethernet crossover cable. This method has the advantage of being fast and being able to transfer any amount of data.

click here

text taken from link..

Shikaree 21:28 04 Jan 2010

Hi howard64 - iMac24 Desktop - all in one. Operating System - X Snow Leopard - 10.6 with Office Mac 2008 Home & Student Edition.

My PC - OS - Microsoft XP Pro with SP3 and Microsoft Office Home & Student 2007

Thanks

Shikaree 21:40 04 Jan 2010

Hi MAT ALAN - Thanks for the Info. I will look through it.

I have used a PC now for over 20 years and have to get used to the Mac. Everyone says Macs are better than PCs. The Mac does have a lot in it. I have not got anything of my own in it yet. My Gkids love it as they use it in school.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?