Tiscali efficiency at last - got my MAC within min

mikeben121 21:16 25 Mar 2008

Tiscali have finally managed to give me efficient service.

Asked for my MAC - asked why are you leaving, awful customer service I said.

Got my MAC within 15 minutes by text.

Signed up for o2. See how it goes!

Stuartli 00:00 26 Mar 2008

I left Tiscali two years ago - the first time I asked for a MAC was two or three months before that and it was sent by e-mail (twice) within 15 minutes. I didn't use it.

It was the same result the second time when I joined TalkTalk and requested a MAC from Tiscali.

What's more, because my monthly direct debit payment to Tiscali (which was paid in arrears) included a period when I was no longer with the ISP it sent, much to my surprise, a cheque for the balance of £5 and a few pence.

MAJ 08:49 26 Mar 2008

Yup, got mine from them in about 10 mins via email, still have it as a momento, lol. I left them in January and they're still charging me, incompetent or what?

Stuartli 18:43 26 Mar 2008

Did you actually cancel the agreement with Tiscali - the billing service department wouldn't know otherwise...:-)

There's a special cancellation line or at least used to be.

MAJ 19:47 26 Mar 2008

I phoned someone at Tiscali about it, Stuartli. "Oh yes sir don't worry about that, it will be cancelled automatically" or words to that effect.

In their email containing my MAC number, it states,

"Please remember, your invoices are in arrears and you are liable to pay for the remainder of your service with Tiscali. Once your final balance has been collected we will automatically stop collecting payment via direct debit/credit card - please do not cancel your payment method with your bank."

I understand that they take payment one month in arrears where TT take payment one month in advance, as I finished with Tiscali's service on Jan 7th 2008, I didn't expect them to take payment in March (which they did). I have disputed the payment with my card provider and they are sorting it out for me.

Stuartli 21:38 26 Mar 2008

Yes, Tiscali would appear to possibly be out of order in that case.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone