Swapping my MacBook Pro for a desktop PC. NEED ADVICE!!

MichaelBamford 21:13 20 Jun 2013

Hi guys,

So like the title says, I'm looking to swap my 13' MacBook Pro for a desktop PC.

My MacBook Pro:

4GB RAM 320GB HDD 2.3 GHz Intel Core i5

I listed my Mac on Gumtree last night and got a email through straight away, so here's the email.

Bought 15/3/13.

Still under warranty

AMD Bulldozer 6 core Black edition. Radeon HD7770 1gb video Hitachi 1 tb hdd sata Samsung 24x dvdrw - dual layer asus m5a78l-m m/board mushkin 8gb 1600 ddr 3 hi performance powercool psu -550w single rail fan

Illuminated Galaxy Gaming case These are all retail parts. Logitech 3d extreme PRO flightstick

LG 19" monitor(a couple of years old)

You can also have a copy of Xplane 10 - retails at about £50

Would you recommend me swap?

Chronos the 2nd 09:35 21 Jun 2013

The Mac book will even second hand command a decent resale price. But I know nothing of Mac except that I suspect they are overpriced along with everything by Apple.

Whether the PC on offer is a decent swap, tricky one. Depends on what you want the PC for?

I personally do not think this is a good deal as it has a basic graphics card,poor PSU, small monitor.

But I would like to see the make/model of all parts before I could work out the second hand value.

But as I said it depends on what you want the PC main use will be.

lotvic 11:14 21 Jun 2013

I would take note of the comments on your thread on http://www.pcgamer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=30227 consensus is Not a good swap.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)