Software malfunction on an iPhone?

Steve Buckly 15:57 28 Mar 2017

I've had a problem with my iPhone 6s Plus for some weeks - it has been burning through the battery at an alarming rate (like 1% per minute when using Safari on a WiFi connection and using 10% battery while in sleep-mode beside my bed at night).

I contacted @applesupport and after a lengthy conversation and them using a diagnostic tool on my iPhone, they advised me to hand in the iPhone because of a Bluetooth issue. I did so last Thursday, expecting the unit to be returned two weeks later.

The unit was returned yesterday. Apparently, the iPhone has had an app installed which caused problems. I was advised to make a clean install, which I have done (bye bye all my texts!). This reset seems to have solved the problem. The unit now has battery usage much closer to what is acceptable, although it still chews a LOT when under heavy WiFi usage.

Any of you experience the same scenario? And am I wrong in my gut when I feel that WiFi usage puts more strain on the battery now than when iOS 10 was released?

I didn't get the right answer from the internet. References: -click here explainer video] Examples

-  

[Animated

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

Black Friday Deals for Designers & Artists: Adobe, Apple, Corel Painter, Microsoft Surface, Wacom &e…

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Black Friday 2017 : date, sites participants & bonnes affaires