sierra made my macbook unusable

Blasst 00:22 10 Aug 2017

How do I roll it back to the previous OS? Can't control the mouse or do anything at all. Help please. Thanks

HondaMan 15:21 10 Aug 2017

How old is the MacBook?

Pine Man 16:27 10 Aug 2017

Use Time Machine or whatever else you used to back up your computer before updating it.

Pine Man 16:28 10 Aug 2017

Sorry that could be difficult without control of your mouse but can you use your keyboard?

Blasst 20:09 11 Aug 2017

The computer became controllable for some reason.I made a quick backup. The toolbar at the bottom was a complete blur. I moved it to the left side of the screen. Now the screen has the top menu at both top and bottom. LOL WTF now???

Pine Man 08:42 12 Aug 2017

Was there a back up made before the problem?

Pine Man 10:44 12 Aug 2017

To reinstall Sierra do the following:-

Make sure you are connected to the internet and start your Mac, holding down Command and R (⌘ + R) at the same time.

When you hear the startup chime, keep holding the keys until your computer boots. Click on Reinstall a new copy of macOS. Click Continue. Reinstall macOS Sierra.

Click Continue again when the installer window appears. Agree to the software terms etc. Select your hard drive. Click Install. Complete the installation process.

Blasst 04:59 13 Aug 2017

doesn't that just install sierra over whatever the problem may be? Not sure I want sierra again.

Pine Man 08:36 13 Aug 2017

The only thing you can do really do, if you did not use Time Machine and you have no backups, is to reinstall the operating system that your mac originally shipped with.

There are lots of sites which explain how to do this and one is shown here.

click here

Pine Man 15:09 13 Aug 2017

I just checked the App Store from my Mac and the previous two operating systems are available for download.

Have you looked?

Pine Man 15:12 13 Aug 2017

I should have added that they are on my 'Purchased' page.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 Hack Latest News: How Secure is your Wi-Fi?

Photoshop CC 2018 released with new Curvature Pen and better brush tools

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Comment utiliser Twitter ?