SENDING VIDEO FROM MAC TO TV

fraz1974 10:06 05 Jun 2015

Hi all, does anyone know if it's possible to wirelessly zap video files from my macbook without the need for Apple tv or any other gizmos? I'm pretty sure I discovered this by chance one time before and now can't suss out what I may have done, what I done remember is possibly clicking on file while the video was playing which then lead to another option opening possible saying 'send to', from there it recognised the samsung smart tv and hey presto the video file started playing through the tv.

On a similar note while using a windows laptop if I right click on the video file a window opens with several options, one of the options being 'Play To', when I put the cursor on Play To another tab then opens with the details of the tv i.e Samsung LED, all I then do is click on that and it plays the video content through the smart tv.

Macworld 11:00 05 Jun 2015

We have an article about hooking up a Mac mini to a TV - but that's kind of easy because it's HDMI - still there's lots of info in this article that might be useful: click here there's a way of connecting to your Mac though your TV if they are both on the same network - but chances are the Sony interface won't want to talk with OS X... Might be easier to host the videos you want to watch on a separate hard drive. What about setting up a NAS drive that both your Mac and TV can access?

Maybe

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

The Evil Within 2 review-in-progress

InVision Studio takes on Adobe XD and Sketch

Camera tips to take better iPhone photos

Comment transformer un iPhone en borne Wi-Fi ?