Security Advice - USB Sticks Mac & PC

eschacha 10:01 12 Oct 2010

Hi There

I'm looking for some advice - I need to purchase a new USB stick - my criteria is very specific and I can't find a product that matches what I need.... built in security that is both mac and pc compatible as well as being a Swivel Stick (I keep losing the lids and extendable sticks don't fit all computer usb casings) which I normally put on a keyring. I was originally looking for a hardware solution, but as thats not available I'm now looking at software. As no one is producing the above that I can find (the usb key might be cross platform but the security software isn't) I'm now looking at independent software that I can install on any normal USB stick. Any suggestions of where to look - USB keys or Software solutions - I work in many different places - so compatibility is vital - Mac & PC.

I'm pulling my hair out at this one - I would have thought this was a straight forward common requirement.

eschacha 10:03 12 Oct 2010

Sorry - I've posted this to the wrong forum - should have been in the consumer watch. Will repost there....

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?