Registrey Machanic

Hetti 11:27 10 Oct 2005

I downloaded and tried R Mechanic, it said I have 70 Medium and Low grade problems, but I regiter and buy to be able to fix them.
Are they a real threat? if so are there any free programmes downloads that will do this?

ianeon 11:35 10 Oct 2005

Try: REGCLEANER, REGSCRUBXP or the free version of JV16 - They are all free and are quite good.

Hetti 11:48 10 Oct 2005

Thanks ianeon
Downloaded Regcleaner but it will only let me fix 20 probs then I need to buy

De Marcus™ 11:49 10 Oct 2005

Ccleaner click here allows you to clean out the reg amongst other things. And is free

gudgulf 11:56 10 Oct 2005

ccleaner is free and has a registry cleaner (Issues) tool as well as it's temp files/history cleaner click here

And RegSeeker is free and safe to use (automatically backs up deleted registry enries)click here

Incidentally are you sure you have the correct RegCleaner click here

It should be a free program.

Hetti 12:19 10 Oct 2005

Thanks All
I have CCleaner but after running CCleaner Regcleaner still shows 70 probs!
CCleaner says it has removed all threats.

gudgulf
No I just tyuped Regcleaner into search box and downloaded the first one shown in options, I checked the one you give and it is a different download.
So do i believe CCleaner or try a different one?

GRFT 12:30 10 Oct 2005

mark

gudgulf 12:46 10 Oct 2005

Ccleaner is a very mild registry cleaner......and that mkes it particularly safe for regular use.I use it myself.

Regseeker is much more thorough and will find more errors.I use that one more infrequently for an occasional Spring clean type clearout.

The version of RegCleaner I linked to (which is I think the one ianeon means) is different again.That one gives a list of programs that are currently installed on your pc....you tick the ones you know that you no longer have on the system to remove the registry entries for that program.This one is particularly useful for picking our single specific programs rather than general registry errors.

I use this one too,but only for issues with specific programs.

Other registry cleaners will pick up on different entries rather like the various antispyware programs don't all identify every nasty on your pc.

I find that regular use of ccleaner with periodic use of RegSeeker gives good results on my pc....simply scan with both and remove everything they find(both will back up the entries removed for peace of mind if you want).

Hetti 15:32 10 Oct 2005

Thanks all
I will follow advice, and use reg seeker occasionally...
thanks

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best phone camera 2017

Stunning new film posters by Hattie Stewart, Joe Cruz & more

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

28 astuces pour profiter au mieux de votre iPhone