Really basic Apple noob question

THill 12:39 07 Dec 2014

Hi, and thanks for looking at my question.

I've just become the proud owner of a macbook pro, having been a fairly advanced PC user since 3.1 and am failing to manage even the most basic things. I'd really appreciate any help people can offer with the first of my many hurdles:

I have a Canon Pixma MG6150 printer which is wireless and works fine with my PC. I just want to be able to print to it from my Macbook, but it refuses to "see" it. I read that I should add the drivers first - which sounded weird and didn't work.

What are the next steps I should take? Canon say that the printer should work fine with Macs. I also read that I should connect it so the Mac learns it and then try to do it wirelessly, but this just seems like mucking about. This is a very basic thing to achieve so I'm sure I must be missing something.

Any advice gratefully received!

Tom

Pine Man 11:25 08 Dec 2014

I had a similar issue.

Turn the printer and make sure you have downloaded the latest Canon drivers from their website and then install them. You must do this first so your Mac knows what it's looking for. During the installation you should be given instructions on locating your printer, which may involve pressing the WPS button on your router (if it has one) and then it should connect ok.

THill 10:26 09 Feb 2015

Hi. Sorry for massive delay in replying. No, this doesn't work. Thanks. Tom

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?