"Show desktop" suddenly happens without my asking

rogcorke 11:47 03 Jun 2017

Over the last few days windows have been suddenly flying off the screen of my Macbook, as though I’d hit the “Show Desktop” feature.

It happens when I hit a key but it can be any key – and it occurs with Word documents, internet pages and emails.

I'm a Windows keyboard and mouse but, until now, keyboard and mouse have worked fine with it.

I went to System preferences and switched off Show Desktop in Trackpad (even though I use a mouse instead of the trackpad). It's still happening!

I last did an OS update to 10.11.6 on May 25. It's only been happening since then and so I think it must be connected with that. Anyone got any solutions? thanx roger

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

iPhone X review

Political cartoons in 2017: Chris Riddell, Rebecca Hendin and Dave Brown on what it’s like to…

The best iPhone for 2017

Tennis : comment regarder la finale de la Coupe Davis 2017 ?