Proud of your Iphon/Mac Are you sure!

Uboat 00:16 27 May 2010

Read the bit about the working conditions, Terrible..

click here

bremner 07:31 27 May 2010

Foxconn motherboards, graphics cards, PC chassis, coolers and other peripherals are to be found in many PC's on sale.

I am also sure that although Foxconn are currently under the spotlight because of the reported suicides, you will find the working conditions are common throughout China.

GANDALF <|:-)> 08:53 27 May 2010

I'm sure all the footie fans wearing shirts produced by under-age kids in sweat shops, kicking balls produced by children in sweat shops, people wearing Primark clothes produced in sweat shops, consumers buying cheap leccy items produced in primitive conditions, etc., etc., etc will be horrified and aghast.

G

wee eddie 09:05 27 May 2010

The situation is remarkably similar.

How quickly China manages to persuade it's Industrial Magnates to improve their Working Practises is in the lap of the Gods.

But with a huge available, unemployed, Workforce. I don't see that happening in the near future.

GANDALF <|:-)> 09:28 27 May 2010

At the risk of appearing cynical, similar stories have been coming out of India for at least 20 years that I can remember...doesn't seem to have made much 'progress' so far but I suppose it makes everyone feel a lot better.

G

Al94 11:28 27 May 2010

It should be remembered that Foxconn has 300,000 employees.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

iPhone X vs Samsung Galaxy Note 8

Les meilleurs navigateurs internet 2017