Problem with Zinio and iPad

gazzaho 07:44 04 Mar 2011

I've just bought an iPad and decided to give the Zinio app for magazine purchases a go after reading about it in the latest PC Avisor issue.

The question is, is Zinio working? I can't create an account and the website Just says the newsstand will return shortly, any ideas?

ams4127 17:39 04 Mar 2011

I'll try it tonight and let you know the result tomorrow.

gazzaho 18:20 04 Mar 2011

Thanks ams4127, when I try to create an account it just says parts of the app may be unavailable right now try again later. I've tried deleting and reinstalling the app with no luck.

Same thing from yesterday, either the server is down altogether or I'm doing something inexplicably wrong. I've searched google and found no mention of problems. I can't imagine the server being down for maintainance for over 24 hours.

Zinio 20:19 04 Mar 2011

We are very sorry for the inconvenience we caused, Zinio is currently experiencing interruptions to some of our core web services. An overview and our strategy for remediation are provided on our blog: click here. We truly appreciate your patience and support as we work to return our services online.

ams4127 22:16 04 Mar 2011

I went to the app store tonight to download it but the reviews were so bad I'm afraid I didn't bother. Most complaints were the same as yours and they make for some interesting reading.

With the reply from Zinio support, I would be inclined to wait until they have sorted out the whole sorry mess before you try again.

Sorry I could not be of any help but at least Zinio are aware of the problems.

gazzaho 13:18 05 Mar 2011

Thanks again ams4127 for verifying the problem, at least Zinio support have answered my query. Because I'm new to the iPad and apps for it I thought I was at fault, it's good to know I'm not the one at doing something wrong. I'll give it a while and try again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?