I have always used PCs and Microsoft
I am now thinking of getting a mac book
for use at a school working PCs, WinXP and office
what problems do I need to be aware of
in taking this route ?
your comments would be much appreciated

Joe R 23:01 19 Feb 2008

jarani,

the strangest thing I found when using a Mac, is the fact there is no right-click menu.

Takes quite a bit of getting used to.

There should not be any more problems other than getting used to a new operating system.

You will find a lot more about the O's here. click here

jarani 11:28 20 Feb 2008

Joe R - thank you for your comment and the link - much appreciated - jarani

bremner 12:03 20 Feb 2008

No right click menu?

Yes there is. Not always as comprehensive as Windows but it contains the basic Open, Open With, Delete, Copy, Get Info (Properties) along with many others

Quiet Life 12:39 20 Feb 2008

see click here
I bought one of the latest i-macs and it did not take long to realise the screen was very poor. Scrolling a grey band from top to bottom produced considerable colour variation which was also different from left to right. Scrolling with the mouse wheel produced an unacceptable flickering and when accessing PC Adviser site all the lines were momentarily black. It was only then I did a search on the many mac problems which exist.
The operating system is different but did not offer any significant advantages to me. I returned the machine on the basis of the poor screen and decided to stick with Windows.
You will see that the laptops have problems as well.
I am sure there are many satisfied mac owners but my short experience was not good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?