POP UPS ON IPAD IN THE FORUM

Ventad 12:00 24 Jan 2014
Answered

Anybody else getting that infernal "yell" .com pop up for skips at the bottom of the screen? This is the only web pages that I get any pop ups. Just changed to wheelie bins !!!!!!!!!

rdave13 12:11 24 Jan 2014

Not getting any pop-ups.

Ventad 12:19 24 Jan 2014

Rdave13,

I don't know why I am getting them only been getting them this week. I have reset the IPAD and also reset all the pop up and privacy to no avail.

rdave13 12:22 24 Jan 2014

I went through all my usual forums here and didn't get any pop-ups on Safari.

Ventad 13:26 24 Jan 2014

I have gone through any open apps closed down everything opened up Safari signed into pca and get the pop up straight away even though after closing any open app, resetting the IPAD then closing down and restarting still get that yell pop up but only on the pca forum no others. Think I will try turning off JAVA Script and see if that sorts it out whilst on pca.

Ventad 13:43 24 Jan 2014

Turning off JAVA SCRIPT does not help, looks like I will give PCA a miss for a while as the advert is now changing adverts as we'll YELL is taking up about 22m/m band right across the screen. Have to have another look on the iPad forum again.

Talk about SPAM !!! "YELL" /com/plus is getting away with it

Ventad 14:06 24 Jan 2014

Looks like turning off Java script whilst on PCA has worked, I forgot to clear cookies ,history and data after switching off JAVA Script earlier.

Woolwell 14:07 24 Jan 2014

I don't get these pop ups on my iPad.

rdave13 14:45 24 Jan 2014

Is your pop-up blocker on in settings, Safari?

Ventad 19:39 24 Jan 2014
Answer

Woolwell & rdave13

Sorry have not answered before now but have just got back, guess what, turned on JAVA Script and fingers crossed no pop up. Why I got this pop up and why it happened I don't understand as it only happened on PCA but appears to have ended .

Yes rdave13 my pop up blocker was on even turned it off and put it on again to reset. Many thanks.

VENTAD

Ventad 20:42 24 Jan 2014

1 hour and it has started again!

Turned off JAVA Script and gone. But for how Long? And why?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Microsoft Paint set to die after 32 years

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment désactiver la saisie intuitive et paramétrer votre clavier ?