PC Advisor iPad app

  paul trotter 15:38 17 May 2011
Locked

PC Advisor has built an iPad app featuring 50 step-by-step tutorials on Windows, PC hardware and software. It's free to download, so if you have an iPad we'd be interested to hear your feedback.

link text

Paul Trotter, PC Advisor

  bremner 17:07 17 May 2011

On first viewing it has very useful information.

I have one major issue with it. The menus take up about 30% of the screen leaving only 70% for the information. Personally i would would like to see the menus on one page and when you click on a topic it opens a new full sized window with all the screen avaiable for the information and for all of it to be resizable.

  Forum Editor 18:00 17 May 2011

I think it's fine - everything worked, and I found the information helpful.

I wasn't worried by the menu.

  ams4127 20:18 17 May 2011

I'll download and try it later.

  paul trotter 10:51 18 May 2011

Thanks for the feedback bremner, there's always room for improvement and we hope to do a free update at some point.

  ams4127 22:35 18 May 2011

I spent about an hour this afternoon on my iPad, in the app store, trying to find it.

I'll try again tomorrow.

  Forum Editor 22:40 18 May 2011

ams4127

Just click on Paul's link, and then click on 'View in iTunes' - you can download from there in the normal way.

  ams4127 22:43 19 May 2011

I got it, thanks FE.

  paul trotter 10:06 20 May 2011

It should also show up in the App Store results if you search for 'PC Advisor'. Thanks again to everyone who's downloaded it.

  ams4127 20:22 20 May 2011

It may indeed, be free to download, but it's not free to use.

I'm not complaining, just commenting on the "Free app".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?