PaintShop Pro alternative for the mac?

Brumas 22:22 12 Jun 2008

I don’t know whether to post this in the Helproom or what, so I shall post it here where I feel more at home :o)
When I ran my windows pc I used to use PaintShop Pro 7 (I didn’t need all the bells and whistles of the later versions) to scan my postcards for inclusion in my weekly Identification/Longshots. Once scanned I was able to resize it necessary and then, compress it down using the JPEG compression facility, again if required.
I did it so many times I could do it blindfold however, now I just use the Epson Scan and, by fiddling about with the settings, I get the same sort of result. What I would like to know is , is there a standalone JPEG Image compression program anyone can recommend – preferably freebie as I have just spent buckets of brass on the new mac and printer etc.
Pity they don’t do PaintShop Pro for the mac :o(

MAT ALAN 22:32 12 Jun 2008

click here

list of the most popular ones here....

Brumas 22:43 12 Jun 2008

Thanks, now why didn't I think of doing that?

Brumas 23:12 12 Jun 2008

Just re-read what I wrote and realised I should have said that I know of Photoshop Elements but have been told it doesn't have a JPEG compression facility.

Brumas 12:36 13 Jun 2008

^

zdbrink 11:51 14 Jun 2008

doesn't your mac already come with iphoto? it should - it's pretty fancy and does what you are asking for

cycoze 12:56 14 Jun 2008

Photoshop Elements has "Save for web" which is a compression facility, very good too.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Lightwell software lets you create mobile apps without using code

Best value Mac: Which is the best £1249 Mac to buy

Comment désactiver les programmes qui s'exécutent au démarrage de Windows 10 ?