No service to Iphone 5s after IOS update

Sd7647364 18:50 30 Jun 2017

Ive been in touch with Three, my provider who have guided me through every last step to try and resolve this. I have thus far reset wireless settings, checked my carrier settings, done a total restore. Nothing is working. I have been given such a load of excuses from Three, such as mast congestion, fixing a problem in my area etc. There are no problems as a check shows good strong signal in my area. I have a feeling that the lastest update isn't compatible with the phone. Whats going on? Please help as this has been going on for 3 weeks.

bremner 11:36 01 Jul 2017

The phone will not update if an update is incompatible with a particular model of phone.

The iPhone 5s is shown on Apple's iOS11 compatibility list - so all 10.3 updates will certainly be compatible

Govan1x 21:29 01 Jul 2017

Take it flight mode is turned off.

If so maybe turn it on for 5 minutes then turn it off again that should also reset your connection.

Worth a try I suppose.

Blazing_Boy 01:55 04 Jul 2017

Could you roll back the update? Ask them to get back it to the previous version.

Sd7647364 14:04 07 Jul 2017

How do I roll back an update? Any clue? I will try it but cant see an option to do this either on my phone or via iTunes

Govan1x 22:06 08 Jul 2017

Try using someone elses sim card. If that works you know you sim card is faulty. I have had 3 days trying to sort my new sim card with the same problem. Tried my grandsons sim in it and it worked fine.

So basically they sent me a new sim card and never validated it when I phoned them. still waiting.

Sd7647364 20:11 11 Jul 2017

I have already tried her sim cards to no avail. I'm stumped!

Sd7647364 20:12 11 Jul 2017

sorry that should say I tried other sim cards, to no avail

Lorraine Baines-McFly 09:13 13 Jul 2017

Has this iPhone ever been jailbroken?

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

How secure is your Wi-Fi?

AMD vs Intel: we put the most powerful desktops for designers and artists head-to-head

iPhone tips & tricks

Les meilleurs ordinateurs portables 2017