Narcoleptic Monitor/Machine

degssie 15:30 17 Jan 2006

I have had some trouble with my computer over the past weeks and have had to re-install Windows XP, which corrected some faults but left me with a problem with RealArcade Games (and Settlers – Heritage of Kings).
Some of these were not playing smoothly and the cursor arrow was blinking on and off and then after about 5 minutes would freeze my machine.
I downloaded and installed the ATI catalyst driver, from the ATI website, for my 128 ATI Radion 9800pro and this returned the games to their usual slick performance and the cursor was solid, but after 10 minutes the monitor switched to power saving mode. The computer appeared to stay on as I could toggle caps lock on and off but then after another 5 minutes the computer seamed to freeze.
Now if I switch on it gets as far as the welcome screen before the monitor goes off. I can get to the boot menu and I have also tried to boot from the Utility disc but irrespective of how I boot the monitor goes into power saving mode after a couple of minutes

degssie 19:47 23 Jan 2006

I contacted Dell support via e-mail and after sending me a list of things to do to my computer, such as removing the memory and seeing if the computer beeps, they are sending me a new video card.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment regarder des séries et talk-shows américains en France ?