Moving To Apple IMac

onokeck 23:05 06 Jan 2011

I am considering moving to Mac. I have selected my machine and am ready to order, but a couple of things I am concerned about: 1) Will I still be able to use/view my large collection of photos which are on a flash pen (jpegs)? 2)What about email from those who are not on Mac - will I be able to receive? (I will be on BT.com)I do realize that most of my software for windiws will not work,but I can live with that. I know it is a big transition after 35 years with windows, but I really want to make the change. Your advice/comments will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

HondaMan 23:10 06 Jan 2011

Sofar as I know, yes and Yes.

You will be able to run Windows software via an emulator. Check the Mac website for details

john 52 08:13 07 Jan 2011

Yes you can transfer your photos over to your mac ! I myself just burned them on to disc then transferred them over that way but I am sure you can do it other ways !

Email just comes through as in outlook ! you can set up a google mail account as well just the same .

As someone who has just changed from windows to a mac the set up is very easy to do with everything pretty intuitive !there is a program to run windows within your mac but I cannot see the point of buying a mac and running windows on it .

Apple do one to one which if you live near an apple website is useful for about £80 which gives you a years personal training on the system if you go to the apple store and type in one to one you will see what it does

john 52 08:16 07 Jan 2011

That should have been if you live near a Apple store

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?