Mail, missing horizontal dividing line

Ron Grace 09:53 14 Jun 2017
Answered

When clicking on a Mail message I normally get a horizontal line dividing the list of messages from the body of the message. For some reason I must have dragged the dot at the bottom of the window so that now I have just a list. Whatever I do I cannot get back to the dividing line. Mac Sierra 10.12.4

HondaMan 15:20 14 Jun 2017

Go to Mail preferences and reset the viewing property to force it to change how you see it.

Ron Grace 09:18 15 Jun 2017

Thank you HondaMan. Regret my MacIntosh preferences do not appear to have "viewing property". Probably I am not looking in the right place (!). Story of my life. Shall keep searching..

HondaMan 09:52 15 Jun 2017
Answer

It's under Mail>preferences>view>use classic layout. Toggle this on or off. You may need to re-start your mail client to force the change

Ron Grace 17:39 15 Jun 2017

Hello yet again HondaMan. Many thanks for your help. Got it now! Best wishes. Ron.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

Alice Saey's mesmerising animation for Dutch singer Mark Lotterman

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment booster votre iPhone ?