Macros in Windows Explorer

RogerB 19:00 25 Jan 2007

When I use Windows Explorer to open a Word, Excel or Publisher file, 99 times out of 100 I want to go to a specific sub folder in WinWord, but Explorer always default to My Documents. I then have to click on My Computer, Local Disc C:\, MS Office, Winword, and then the subfolder, which gets boring.

Can I make a Macro to do these keystrokes? I've tried the one in Word, but it doesn't work for Explorer, and there's no Macro option on Explorer's taskbar.

Any ideas would be welcome.

VoG II 19:11 25 Jan 2007

How about a different approach like click here or click here

FreeCell 20:08 25 Jan 2007

Perhaps I missed the point, but can't you just create a shortcut to the desired folder(s) on the desktop?

RogerB 09:24 26 Jan 2007

Thanks for your suggestions, VoG - I've had a quick look and I'm not sure that they're what I wanted, but I'll explore them further. I'm away for the weekend, but will take another look when I return.

Thanks also to Freecell. Your suggestion looks promising, but can you explain how to do it? I'm new to XP and still trying to get round its idiosyncracies!

Eric10 10:54 26 Jan 2007

To implement FreeCell's suggestion just navigate to the folder you need then right-click it and choose 'Send To', 'Desktop (create shortcut)' and the shortcut will appear on your Desktop.

RogerB 17:06 29 Jan 2007

Hi Eric10!

Wow! As easy as that? Where have you been all my life?

Very many thanks - that worked a treat.

RogerB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Is this the future of VR and AR?

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment regarder le Bureau des L├ęgendes en ligne ?