macros

dan12 00:20 15 Feb 2006

Hi
might sound a silly question.
can anyone explain to me what macros are have seen pop up boxes asking do you want to enable or diable them, what do they do?

Forum Editor 01:21 15 Feb 2006

that you perform repeatedly or on a regular basis. It is a series of commands and actions that can be stored and run whenever you need to perform the task. If, for instance, you wanted to get Microsoft Word to add a certain paragraph to every letter or report that you type, you would turn on the inbuilt macro recorder and type the paragraph in the way you want it to appear. Then when you want to insert the paragraph you would simply run the macro - it will duplicate every word and click of the mouse that you used when you recorded it.

That's an illustration of a very simple use of macros; you can use them for something more complex such as launching a program, copying data from it, activating another program, pasting the data into it and repeating this several times.

Try it, you can have great fun experimenting.

dan12 07:20 15 Feb 2006

Hi Forum Editor
Many thanks for the explanation has made things a lot clearer.
cheers

dan12 07:34 15 Feb 2006

I know have just checked as resolved.
I wanted to experiment as you said.
Do you enable it from the toolbar and at what point would you disable it, is it a case of doing the task then disabling it?
cheers

VoG II 11:18 15 Feb 2006

In Word or Excel, Tools|Options, Security tab, Macro Security. You can then set the security level that you want.

You should be aware that it is possible to code malicious macros, so unless you are using macros a lot it is better to keep the default settings.

dan12 17:51 15 Feb 2006

Thanks Vog.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5 review

50 best online Adobe XD tutorials

iPad Pro 10.5in (2017) review

Comment connecter un MacBook à une TV ?