Machine Shuting down

User-402BA281-1CFE-4FE3-9D45502C58B38958 08:02 29 Dec 2005

Hi all

I have XP home my machine will shut down and restart at random stages ithight it was to do ith nero 6 then the cd i was using then the dvd writer itself, i have used a diff dvd writer with same cd and nero6 all works fine now thelas 2 days all i have had in is my harddrive and it has shut down and restarted 3 times whilst i was onlinehave chacked for virus and spyware none to be found any suggestions

Thanks in advance

€dstowe 08:31 29 Dec 2005

Random shutdowns are often caused by overheating. Have you checked in Device Manager to see if there is anything to indicate what is happening?

RobCharles1981 10:34 29 Dec 2005

Random Shut Downs as he said could be over heating, falty Memmory, or PSU I had the similer problem myself and found the Memmory was on its way out.

thanks guys

there is nothing to say any issues in device manager will check temps in bios if can is there and programs i could use to confirm this

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 14:39 29 Dec 2005

Everest Home Edition click here

has a temp section

hi again guys

Fruit bat nice program

This is the error in the event log roughly the time the machine shuts down and restarts:- NVIDIA NDIS IO Control Driver service. I have searched on google the only thing i have come up with is the nvidia dvd decoder which i have downloaded installed and as far as i can see removed will update deiver and check again

User-312386 08:32 30 Dec 2005

Do you have an nvidia graphics card?

If you do download the latest drivers click here do NOT install these drivers yet

Now download driver cleaner pro click here and install

Now uninstall the old nvidia drivers in add/remove programmes. When that is done restart the computer in safe mode (by pressing the F8 key, when at the options, select safe mode).

When in safe mode start drive cleaner pro, now click on the drop down box and select all nvidia files (apart from nforce chipset. Next Click on tools and select Cab Cleaner and clean the cab files. After that is done (and this may take sometime) click on tools again and select SP2.cab and select start.

When cleaning has been carried out restart the computer in Normal mode. Now install the latest graphics drivers

I have down this but not by madboys route i have foun another reason and have cleared the reg file for the nvidia dvd decoder which is as follows here is the whole message from a google response click here issue and poss outcome down left hand side will update again either way cheers for help so far and again if needed

User-312386 16:15 30 Dec 2005

That is for an older driver fix

Nvidia have brought out a new driver since

woodchip 16:28 30 Dec 2005

Update the driver in Device Manager then you will know it's done it

I have unistalled and redone the driver totally and got a new one from nvidia, ok the system has been rectified to a point with the help from the google issue the system is now not bringing the error after using fruit bats advice but is giving me a TCPIP warning but no info to the actual error how can i uninstall and reinstall this like you could with all prev Microsoft O/S before XP Home which i am now using

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?