Machine restarting after random time..(x2 Dual 380

reklan 11:51 08 Mar 2006

I hope someone can help me or at least point me in the right direction.

I have just upgraded my machine to a Athlon 64 X2 dual core 3800+

The mobo is an ASUS A8V-EA7VZ

2 x 512meg pc 266 memory

with Nvidia 6600GT AGP card

550w power supply

Windows XP SP2 installed fine, I then installed the drivers for the Mobo and the Processor, then Graphics card..

My machine now randomly restarts its self, with no BSOD, just as if i had turned it on.

I have used the ASUS utility to check the temperature of the Processor etc .. and that seems to be fine (52 degrees).

xania 12:39 08 Mar 2006

This could well be that you have set the PC to reboot on error rather than reporting the error. Sometimes, on reboot, you also get the option to report the error to Microsoft, and even better, sometimes you get a report back telling you what's wrong. But that's not happening here, so you need to find out what's causing the crash. In Control Panel, select System, then go to the Advanced tab. Under Start-up and Recovery make sure that the 'Automatically Reboot' is disabled. You should then find that, the next time a problem occurs, you will get an error message rather than the machine rebooting itself.

reklan 12:43 08 Mar 2006

cheers, I'll try that when I get home..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

WPA2 hack: How secure is your Wi-Fi?

HP’s new Surface Pro rival is designed specifically for Adobe-using designers and artists

Best kids apps for iPhone & iPad

Que faire si son iPhone ou iPad est tombé dans de l'eau ?