Macafee Security Centre

superhoops 23:57 27 Sep 2006

I dont know if anyone else has had this problem but I have been unable to log on to any websites for the past couple of days. Once the username/password is entered and ok is clicked then the screen just returns to asking for the details again. Sites included PC Advisor, Webuser, Myspace, and many more.
Tonight I disabled the Privacy Service element of Macafee Security Centre and can now log on to these sites. I can see no setting in there to enable/disable logging on to websites. Any ideas?
The version is the latest one that you get free with sky broadband

terryf 02:43 28 Sep 2006

consider chucking it and using freebies like avg free

Cesar 08:22 28 Sep 2006

I used Security centre for some time, and it slowed my computer to a crawl,I have now uninstalled it and increased the speed of my computer.

mad1234 08:30 28 Sep 2006

i installed it when i got sky broadband & everytime an update comes in or you turn on your pc that damn annoying security centre turns back on & blocks all your passwords etc.
i got so sick of this that i uninstalled the lot & put in zone alarm & avast. my system runs faster & i have no problem logging onto pages like this one

monkeyboy21 14:34 28 Sep 2006

i use mcafee, and have noticed that my pc has been slower in the past few months - i use zonealarm firewall and windows defender as well - does Mcafee make that much of a difference? I thought it may be due to a virus i couldn't track, but the av is constantly updated, and never seems to detect any problems.

superhoops 17:41 28 Sep 2006

Thanks for your reply. I think I will uninstal it and go back to the zone alarm/avg combo. Why though does it block all your damn passwords and every 30 mins or so demand you reboot the computer cos it has downloaded some new definitions or something.

VoG II 19:31 28 Sep 2006

Try the support forum click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?