Mac monitor but not Mac PC??!!

g40 14:29 20 Jul 2004

I bought a cheap Mac Monitor (Scan 15av)
I want to connect it to a "normal" PC, that is one with a 15pin HD female.
Does anyone know if such an adapter exists and where i might get it?
I would be most gratefull of any assistance,
Thanks,
G

Kate B 15:41 20 Jul 2004

If it's one of the cinema displays and you've got DVI, here's what you need:

click here

otherwise I have an adaptor for a Mac CRT which I don't use - cost me £30. Email me with an offer if you like.

Djohn 15:44 20 Jul 2004

Kate B Has made a kind offer and as I'm sure she will confirm, the Mac keyboards/mice also work well with a PC especially the keyboard, it's very nice to work with. j.

Kate B 15:58 20 Jul 2004

Djohn, yup, love my Mac keyboard and mouse! but you do need to keep a regular mouse to hand, just occasionally you do need the right-click.

Djohn 16:03 20 Jul 2004

Yes, I remember you talking of this last year so went out and bought a keyboard myself. :o)

Kate B 16:13 20 Jul 2004

hey, great Djohn! Glad you're enjoying it. Any minute now you'll be succumbing to one of Apple's sex-on-legs new cinema displays ....

g40 19:08 20 Jul 2004

Thanks guys, as the monitor only cost £5 and is for the purpose of providing a very cheap, basic PC to a very poor friend, £30 is quite a lot to spend, i am trying to keep the overall cost down to £40, i have the PC,Keyboard and mouse,(which cost £30ish to put together) and of course the monitor, which only needs an adapter, thank you anyhoo for the offer Kate B.

Kate B 09:28 21 Jul 2004

g40, you can have it for a fiver which will cover the cost of post and packing. drop me an email and i'll send it to you.

g40 10:36 21 Jul 2004

Youve got to admit it guys, there are some wonderful women out there, thank you so much for the offer Kate B, i will email you asap,
Thanks again,
Graeme

Kate B 18:38 21 Jul 2004

Glad it's going to a good cause!

g40 18:58 21 Jul 2004

Thanks guys for the advice and thanks to Kate B, my saviour!!
G
Kate, have emailed you with my email address etc, hope you get the email.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

Halloween Photoshop & Illustrator tutorials: 20 step-by-step guides to creating spook-tacular…

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment créer, modifier et réinitialiser un compte Apple ?