Mac Mini

Napster 2005 19:57 18 Jun 2005

Hi, I was intrested in purchasing a MacMini but I was rather put off by the fact that I could not find a package with includes Monitor, Mac Mini, Speakers, Keyboard and Mouse for a reasonble price! Has anyone found a reasonable package! Appreciate if you reply. Thanks.

Kate B 15:33 23 Jun 2005

The point of the Mac Mini is that it doesn't come as a package ... it's aimed at people who already have a monitor, keyboard, mouse, whathaveyou. You can use any peripherals you like with it; the Apple-branded ones look beautiful but are not cheap.

If you do go for a Mac Mini I suggest you spend some dosh on speccing up the RAM to at least 512MB.

Otherwise if you want an all-in-one Mac, the iMacs are great (though they too are mean on RAM and you should add more when you order one).

Noelg23 22:00 23 Jun 2005

Kate B is right...I work for the tech department of Apple Mac and its amazing how many people buy the mac mini and get it specced up and yet you think to yourself you would have been better off getting an iMac mate...but hey everyone had their preferences...so if I were you get an iMac G5...in the long run it will save you having to upgrade if you had a mac mini...

Kate B 10:32 24 Jun 2005

The Mac mini looks as though it was designed to sit under the telly and be an Apple media centre machine ... if only there were an Apple equivalent of that software and a couple of digital tuners in it ...

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Fujitsu Lifebook P727 laptop review

Converse draws on iconic heritage for a fresh brand identity

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment lancer Windows 10 en mode sans ├ęchec ?