mac code

conrail 13:34 17 Jan 2011

I am looking to reduce costs so have asked my isp, virgin, what they can do, based on their offers I am not making much of a saving so, although I haven't cancelled, I have asked for my mac code, the girl said it is on the bottom of my router, which failed months ago, I phoned requesting a replacement which hasn't arrived, girl says nothing on her system to say I requested this, anyway she has given me my mac code but stated that I only need a mac code if using dial up, broadband doesn't need this, is she right?

RobCharles1981 13:43 17 Jan 2011

A Mac Code is used by all services so that girl is fobbing you off.

Who do you plan to move to ???

GaT7 13:49 17 Jan 2011

If it's Virgin cable that you're on, then yes she's right you don't need one. But if it's ADSL she's wrong I believe. G

conrail 14:44 17 Jan 2011

thanks for replies guys, still looking at other isps, need phone & broadband, have freesat for tv so don't need that although some may be like virgin and give a refund if I take all three, bt have an evening & w/e offer for £14 per month + £13.60 line rental with 10gb allowance, as I only usually download updates for programs that should be enough, I am currently paying £50 to virgin

Graham. 15:23 17 Jan 2011

I'm with TalkTalk, I pay around £19 per month for phone and broadband, including line rental.

You wont need a MAC code with TT, they do it all for you.

click here

GaT7 15:41 17 Jan 2011

I would recommend O2 click here. O2 BB & home phone packages click here. Been with them almost 3 years now - excellent service. G

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Best Black Friday Deals 2017

How modern book design was influenced by illustrated manuscripts

Best Black Friday Apple Deals 2017

Les meilleurs logiciels de montage vidéo gratuits (en 2017)