Locked out of iMac since updating iPhone

CBZ8902 09:52 01 Aug 2017

Hi, desperately hoping someone can please help...

I updated my iPhone and was then prompted to turn on two-factor authentication, which I did. Later on, I tried to login to my iMac, to realise I was locked out. I've tried changing the password/turning off two-factor authentication via my iCloud account but it doesn't help. I can still access the iMac as a guest user but that won't let me do anything required by an administrator, including the latest software update, as it says my password is incorrect. If I'd known this would happen I wouldn't have updated my phone!! Does anyone know how I can fix my Mac...?

Thanks in advance to anyone who can help �/p>

macOS Sierra 10.12.3 iOS 10.3.2

ParkPrince12 10:38 02 Aug 2017

It is really a big problem if you forget the passcode of the iPhone. I had once been there and was locked out after 6 attempts with wrong passcode. Therefore I could not backup my iPhone. Luckily I found a solution. So how to backup iPhone without passcode? Actually you can then reset the passcode, but it is also possible to backup the device first without typing the passcode. In addition, you can access your iTunes or iCloud backup without passcode, all you need is an iOS data recovery program.

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

Awful clip art from 1994 is being tweeted every hour by a bot

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

Les meilleures applications pour enfants 2017