Leaving AOL help with obtaining MAC code please

daisy2bell 10:38 21 Nov 2010

Hi
I want to leave aol and sign up with zen

Can someone tell me the correct preceedure to follow in order to obtain a MAC code from aol, and which phone number to phone.

I'm quite anxious about this, as I have heard horror stories about people leaving AOL.

Thanks

onthelimit 10:41 21 Nov 2010

Some info click here

daisy2bell 11:35 21 Nov 2010

Thanks onthelimit.
Will keep this open in case of further replies.

provider 2 12:17 21 Nov 2010

I switched from AOL to ADSL24 a couple of years ago. click here

The MAC (code) arrived fairly promptly and without any real hassle except that they were a bit slow to cancel my direct debit and needed a reminder.

I think most ISPs are better at this now and the horror stories relate mostly to an earlier time when switching really was a pain.

Getting rid of the AOL bloatware on my pc took a while, though I still have my username and password for their (free) web e-mail service.

daisy2bell 16:03 21 Nov 2010

Thanks provider 2.
I take it that you automatically keep your aol email address when you quit aol, or do you have to ask them?

provider 2 11:20 22 Nov 2010

It`s automatic, I think. I made no such request anyway and there was no requirement to change username or password to get it to work.

See if you can log in now (before you change over) just in case things might have changed: click here (ignore the adverts).

Jameslayer 15:12 22 Nov 2010

My dad has just canceld his aol acount(was dial up) and he had to ring them up and qute his acount number. And that was it.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 review

What went wrong at the Designs of the Year 2017

iPhone X news: Release date, price, new features & specs

Comment utiliser Live Photos ?