JAVA VIRTUAL MACHINE

nm24 22:54 24 May 2003

i have recently installed XP home on my machine and have been unable to access my internet bank account as it keeps telling me to install Java Virtual Machine . I'm TOLD ITALREADY INSTALLED and i can't find it to download anyway? help

beeuuem 23:10 24 May 2003

Java for Windows is the first one of the list
click here

beeuuem 23:12 24 May 2003

On checking, I see that the link takes you straight to the download you need.

mikef™ 23:12 24 May 2003

If it has SP1a it will not have Java Virtual Machine installed go to click here 5th from bottom of the page to get it.

anchor 14:17 25 May 2003

You need Java to view and access many web sites. This is not installed by default with Windows XP, (due to a legal dispute with the originators of Java).

Below is the download site of the last Microsoft version;
click here

Alternatively, you can download directly from "Sun", the originators of Java

click here

(I have the Microsoft version). Install the programme, (which-ever site you use). Re-boot. Then Check this:

Open Internet Explorer and click on "Tools" on the top bar. Scroll down to the bottom "Internet Options" and click. A new pane will open, and you will see across the top 7 tabs. Click on "Advanced". Scroll down the list, (about half way), until you see the entry "JIT complier for virtual machine enabled". Make sure this has a tick against it. Click apply, then OK. Close and re-boot your PC.

Hope this will work for you.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from Petya?

Microsoft Surface Studio – the artist's hands-on review

Original iPhone review

Comment mettre à jour Kodi ?