Iphone 5c Mic Advice Please

prejump 14:34 25 Aug 2017

Hi, Im fairly new to repairing iphones. Largely its been going well, but I've come across a right pain. I was replacing a screen including swapping small parts. Once built the ear piece mic wasnt working correctly. I was testing on video cam & voice memo. I either get static, no audio pic up at all, or it works perfectly. It can be just static, give it 1 hour, then could work perfectly no static at all. Ive replaced the mic, cleaned the connections with rubbing alcohol. Tried with & without the litte rubber boot. Tried without the metal plate which covers the connections to phone. The ear piece speaker is fine, selfie camera is fine. I not sure what else to do ? Could it be a main board issue ? Something could be interfering somewhere maybe ? Any ideas appreciated. Thanks

What is Markdown?

Markdown lets you add more formatting to your post. Simply type in your post and it will display as written.

If you wish to add bold or italic characters, add a hyperlink to another website, a heading or a horizontal line, simply use the relevent icons above the text input field.

A preview of your post will appear in the grey box below. If you make a change and you're not happy, simply press the back arrow icon to undo.

Post a Reply

Elsewhere on IDG sites

OnePlus 5T review: Hands-on

Illustrator Andrés Lozano on his improv line work, brazen use of colours & hand sketching

iPhone X review

Comment envoyer gratuitement des gros fichiers ?