iPad Flight Radar 24 not working

Rhuddlan 15:22 01 Jun 2014

I use my iPad for the internet and use flight radar 24 quite often, however, recently I have noticed it wont' load, it seems to be stuck from a few days previously when I look at the time and date for the status at that moment in time. Other devices I have are ok, I have closed down all other apps thinking it might have been due to lack of memory, however, this still occurs. Am I missing something or has my iPad had enough of aircraft spotting?

Woolwell 15:38 01 Jun 2014

The app is working ok on my iPad. Two suggestions - power down the iPad completely and start it up again and see if the cures it or uninstall and reinstall app.

Rhuddlan 22:56 01 Jun 2014

Thanks Woolwell, shutting down worked, however, I haven't got the app I have just gone to the flight radar website to view. Cheers :)

Rhuddlan 20:49 04 Jun 2014

Flight Radar 24 has worked fine since I re-booted. Maybe I'll download the app to use in future. Now, however, I have the problem of the internet connection dropping on the iPad at various times whilst downstairs, my broadband modem is upstairs, however, my iPhone which usually sits next to my iPad seems to be ok and the wireless is still alive on this device, I don't understand why only the iPad does it, I've only had it about 9 months and there's not that many other apps on it, so I can't see memory being the issue surely?!

Woolwell 21:03 04 Jun 2014

Memory is not relevant. I haven'thad any problems with dropping wifi at home. Possibly change the wifi channel and see what happens. We regularly run 2 laptops, 2 iPads and 2 iPhones off wifi.

Rhuddlan 16:55 07 Jun 2014

Thanks wool well, however, I'm unsure how to change the channels? It still continues to drop about once a day, I can see the name of my connection in the wifi list however it won't connect and says unable to join network.

Woolwell 17:53 07 Jun 2014

You can change the wifi channel by accessing your router's configuration pages.

Can you pin the drop in connection to use of something else eg microwave, cordless telephone?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

Illustrator Sylvain Tegroeg created thousands of intricate line drawings for the mobile game…

Best iPad buying guide 2017

Comment télécharger une application indisponible en France ?