ios9 update stuck on 'slide to upgrade' screen

DeePat 01:04 17 Sep 2015

hi all!

just did the apple ios9 update on my iphone5c. The update downloaded and installed and I got to the 'hello' screen, slided there and then the next screen which says 'slide to upgrade' doesn't react and slide, it's just stuck there, frozen! please help!! anyone else have this problem?

ConnorMahon 01:19 17 Sep 2015

ive just got this exact same problem!

DeePat 01:52 17 Sep 2015

it's crazy! tried the reboot while connecting the phone to my macbook, that won't work either. it gives me the option to restore or update. updating it again just says its downloading the update on my mac, but there's no other message or info that it gives me. going to take it down to the apple store tomorrow! did you backup everything before you updated?

Apeyt 02:42 17 Sep 2015

Hi there I have the same problem! Tried restoring to factory settings. All seemed to be going well then again it came up "Slide to upgrade" It wont do anything at all when I try to slide right! Any ideas what it may be? Been trying to sort it for 3 hours now! :(

Apeyt 02:43 17 Sep 2015

Hi there I have the same problem! Tried restoring to factory settings. All seemed to be going well then again it came up "Slide to upgrade" It wont do anything at all when I try to slide right! Any ideas what it may be? Been trying to sort it for 3 hours now! :(

chickchicken 03:00 17 Sep 2015

Deepat could you tell us what they say at the apple store when you go please. This is driving me crazy now!

michhope 03:47 17 Sep 2015

I have this exact same problem! After updating to iOs 9.0 it will not let me login on my iPhone at all. keeps saying "A few more steps to Continue" but it will get stuck at the bright white screen with Slide To Upgrade again. Please help! :(

BraydenBerger 04:07 17 Sep 2015

Have you tried restart your Phone?

bluesamp 05:57 17 Sep 2015

I have the same issues, it gets to the continue then stops at slide to upgrade. I have restarted several times, makes no difference.

MichaelCao 06:09 17 Sep 2015

I have the same issue now. Does anyone have solution now?

BenyaminZakariah 08:19 17 Sep 2015

I did the 'hard reboot' which pressing your home and lock button simultaneously but still didn't work :(

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Galaxy Note 8 vs iPhone X

This is what design agencies will look like in 2032

How to update iOS on iPhone or iPad

WhatsApp : comment lire vos messages sans que l’expéditeur le sache