Installing office on Apple IPAD

ponytail 09:22 27 Jun 2014

My wife has got a Apple IPAD Air and would like to install office on it but I am not sure how to go about it.I have the office software and could use my external writer to install it but cannot see any USB sockets.Could someone advise as to whether it is possible to put word on it and if so what do I do.

iscanut 11:04 27 Jun 2014

The I Pad does not use USB so that option is out. You will need to try and find out how to download it via the net. You will also need to ensure that you have a printer that is compatible with the I Pad. The term used is an Air Print compatible printer.

ponytail 11:15 27 Jun 2014

Hi iscanut2 just went into the app store and selected Microsoft word for IPAD and it is asking for the Apple ID password for her email address.She says she has no Apple ID.How can I tell if the printer is compatible.The printer is a Brother DCP-J315W

ponytail 11:16 27 Jun 2014

Just found this

click here

iscanut 11:36 27 Jun 2014

Printer is not compatible and not sure about the printing app. Google " lost or forgotten Apple ID ". There should be enough info there. Good luck.

Woolwell 11:42 27 Jun 2014

She must have an Apple ID otherwise she would have found it nigh on impossible to set up the iPad and would not be able to get any apps. Suggest that she has forgotten

MS Office 365 is available for iPad but I think you need an MS Account. There are other alternatives eg Pages, Numbers but they are not free.

The Brother DCP-J315W should work with an iPad if you download the Brother print app on to the iPad. But you cannot do that without an Apple ID.

Woolwell 11:49 27 Jun 2014
  Forum Editor 18:58 28 Jun 2014

You can install Office 365 on an iPad, but you'll need to pay an annual subscription.

Otherwise, the free Office installation that you'll find available on the Apple store will not include much of what you'll want if you plan to use Office in any real sense of the word. You'll be able to read Office files,but you won't be able to edit them, or create new ones - you'll need to pay an Office 365 subscription if you want to do that. I think the Home version of Office 365 costs around £75 a year.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?