Imac v dell

GrumpyJ 14:24 24 Jan 2007

Need to upgrage soon to a new computer.
Has anyone got and personal experience on iMac v Dell. What impresses me with the iMac is that it will also run windows

MichelleC 15:00 24 Jan 2007

I've got a Dell. It's reliable and cheap and cheerful. But I learned in the *0's on a Mac and if I had the money that's where I'd go. There's also not many security loopholes in them.

rawprawn 15:05 24 Jan 2007

Like MichelleC I too have a Dell which has given me excellent service. I think most computers in the future will have the works included in the Screen with no Tower such as IMac or the new Sony Vaio desktop. I would look very seriously at the Mac, you can even put Windows on it as a dual boot.

GrumpyJ 09:44 25 Jan 2007

Thank you MichelleC and rawprawn.
I also started on a Mac, and would like to return to the fold. I wouldn't give up the PC altogether. What I like about all new Mac's, is the fact you can use windows as well.
When I do upgrage I'm not sure wether to upgrade the laptop to a Mac laptop first or the desktop.

rawprawn 16:05 26 Jan 2007

In my opinion Mac desktop,but as I said the sony Vaio desktop i sreally worth a look
click here

GrumpyJ 16:22 26 Jan 2007

Thanks for the link rawprawn

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Elsewhere on IDG sites

Alienware 17 R4 2017 review

These brilliant Lego posters show just what children's imaginations are capable of

Mac power user tips and hidden tricks

Comment réinitialiser votre PC, ordinateur portable ou tablette Windows ?